by Ben Dearman
Is your lifestyle in alignment with your goals of being healthy and losing weight?
Here are the absolutely 5 most important aspects of lifestyle that have to be in order.
1. Sleep – you need to make sure that you get as close to 8 hours of sleep every night. Why 8? I don’t know, but I know 6 doesn’t cut it, and 7 barely makes the grade. Historically the people who have gotten the best results have slept for 8 hours +/- an hour per night. Those 8 hours also have to be good, restful sleep, not full of tossing and turning or frequent bath room trips.
2. Eat 3-4 meals per day – yup, 3-4 meals per day is what we have found to be the magic number for most people. Now, if you’re a bigger person that needs more calories, or trying to gain weight, then you might need to go to 5 or 6. But generally speaking if you can eat 3-4 meals per day then you are set up for success. A meal is defined as an evident source of protein, fat and fruits/veg. A cheese stick doesn’t cut it.
3. Exercise 3-4 hours per week – this is fairly self explanatory. You need to move strenuously for 3-4 hours per week.
4. Take your supplements – your diet is far from great or perfect, sorry. Not to mention there is no perfect diet as ultimately food should fuel your body and allow you to accomplish what ever goals you set for your self. Your goals change on a daily basis, and so does how your body handles food. A perfect diet for someone that gets 4 hours of sleep is different then someone who gets 8 hours of sleep and that goes for the same person who gets 4 hours one night and 8 hours another night. It’s just not possible to operate at max potential through just eating food alone. Supplements are essential, specifically – a good gender specific multi, magnesium, D, Fish Oil and a broad spectrum pro-biotic.
5. Drink at least 64 oz of water every day – this is in addition to what ever liquids you already drink. Your body is made of water!!! Every process in your body requires H2O in order to operate optimally, and, research has shown drinking water can boost metabolism by up to 25%. Not enough water = not enough raw materials for your body to use.
Lifestyle is ultimately what predicts what diet will work for you and what exercise plan is the best plan for you to chase down.
Interested in hearing more about what we can do for you at KDR? Come in for a strategy session and experience Knowledge Driven Results.
Need a fitness jumpstart? We CAN help you. Click below to talk!