There are few things worse then soreness. To top that off, we don’t really understand why you get sore (from a biological standpoint), but we do understand HOW to increase the potential for soreness:
- Introduce a new physical stimulus that is slightly and/or drastically different then your current physical stimulus. Swim a lot? Go for a run. Run a lot? Go lift weights. The more drastic the change in stimulus the greater your potential to be sore. Never done burpees before? Do 100. You get the idea.
- this could also be doing something MORE than your used to, i.e. you normally do 3 sets of 10 lunges and today you did 3 sets of 15. That MIGHT do it for some people.
- Consume low amounts of protein and water.
- Get poor sleep.
- Miss out on key nutrients that you would normally get from a diet that is higher in calories from lean proteins, fruits, carbs and veggies, i.e. DON’T BE ON A WEIGHT LOSS DIET.
- Skip out on workout recovery.
Out of all of those, the only one that we can really influence is the first one. We can help you modulate your dose to new stimuli and thus can influence the degree to which you feel sore, but we can’t prevent you from being sore.
Points 2,3,4 and 5 are ALL on you. However, point 5, work out recovery (WOR) is by far the easiest and simplest thing you can do to influence soreness. Points 2,3 and 4 all require you to put in large amounts of effort, while point 5 requires a minimal amount of effort.
WOR starts during your workout by ensuring you are drinking water and a workout recovery drink. We like a product called INTRA from Prestige Labs for 5 reasons:
- ZERO calories with no caffeine. That’s a big one!
- It tastes great and is easy to mix in water.
- It has the exact nutrients supported by research to help reduce and eliminate soreness.
- The product works! We both take it and we have had members take it consistently for the last 5 years.
- NO SIDE EFFECTS IN 5 YEARS OF US USING IT ON 1000’S OF PEOPLE.
We recommend all of our members consume a serving of Intra while they workout. You can pick yours up here and save big $$$ by using the code GL4E at check out to get a bottle free if you order 3 or more.
What you do in the gym should NEVER influence you outside the gym in a negative way. Soreness sucks! Take steps to help prevent it.
Leave A Comment