Measuring? Math? To plan lunch or dinner? Does it have to be that complicated to lose weight? No. It doesn’t!
I don’t count calories anymore, I tell you why in my last blog, http://kdrfitness.com/cellulite-wrinkles-and-scars/, I don’t measure my food all the time, and I sure as hell don’t deprive myself of things that I enjoy. Weight loss doesn’t have to be that complicated or miserable.
Now does it require some work? Yes, absolutely. Food is so readily available to us and portions seem to be bigger than ever before. Having a portion control system will help you be successful at weight loss/weight maintenance. Maybe you prefer counting calories, that’s ok. I think there are defiantly benefits to it but let’s be real…it’s not fun.
The good news is, you don’t have to count calories for weight loss. Yes! It’s true.
I use a couple of things to control portions:
- I always use a small plate.
- I use my hands to determine my portions.
Here how it works:
- My palm determines my protein portions.
- My fist determines my veggie portions.
- My cupped hand determines my carb portions.
- My thumb determines my fat portions.
If you’d like to start eating better, just take a look at your hand. Use your fist, palm, cupped hand, and thumb to practice calorie control – while avoiding the hassle of counting calories.
Now that you know this information, you need to put it into practice!
Let us help you do that with our “Drop Two Sizes” Challenge starting on Monday, September 25th. The program is PERFECT for getting a jump start on your Fall fitness. You won’t count calories or work out 7 days a week, but you will learn how to portion control AND learn all about healthy eating and how to work out for weight loss.
Latest posts by Jamie Crowe (see all)
- Oops I peed my pants! - January 26, 2018
- Resolutions aren’t my thing, and they probably aren’t yours either. - January 12, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Do Push-ups - November 15, 2017