I live by guidelines, not rules. Read on to see mine!
Rules don’t leave any room for life obstacles – where as guidelines can be more flexible.
Rules make you feel like you have succeded or failed, but reaching your goals isn’t that black and white.
Guidelines help you make the best decisions for YOU in that moment vs. rules are often times non-negotiable.
When it comes to food rules, nope, not for me. I will break every rule set for me. When Ben and I first started dating, he would try and create rules for me to help me lose weight or build muscle. I could never follow them for more then a few days. It’s just not in my nature.
I started making a list a while back of guidelines that are important to me, guidelines that help me explore myself and my life, guidlines that allow me to learn and understand what is good for my body and mind.
I received such great feedback on my last blog (read that one here http://kdrfitness.com/be-a-rule-breaker/ ) about why guidelines are better then rules, that I decided to give you the guidelines that work for me.
Here are MY guidelines:
- Use a small plate, it makes me choose less food.
- Eat protein at every meal, that helps keep me satiated.
- Water makes me feel better, drink more.
- Go to sleep by 10pm on weekdays.
- Check my email twice a day.
- Limit electronics in the bedroom.
- Eat at least 3 servings of veggies a day.
- Don’t be scared of fat!
- Spend at least 10 minutes in the bathroom like the boys, it’s quiet and peaceful, I get it.
- Limit negative body talk
- If I eat it everyday, get the best quality I can.
- Take my supplements everyday. Everyone around me will be happier.
- Limit conversation before coffee.
- Take 20-30 minutes everyday for soft tissue work, stretching, and meditation.
- Label my food so the boys don’t eat it.
- Hang from a bar everyday.
- Food prep – regardless of what day it is.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Limit social media after 8pm and limited on weekends.
- Use clothing as a measurement tool, not the scale.
- When I drink, I eat clean.
- Challenge myself.
- Lift weights at least 2x a week.
- HAVE FUN! Life is too short.
- Limit beer, stick to the clear stuff.
- Ask for help!
- If asked to share dessert…don’t do it. Order my own!
- Make sure the cat doesn’t sleep on my head.
- Strong glutes for life!
- Limit pushing my beliefs onto others, unless it betters their health and happiness 😉
Do you have a list of guidelines that are important to you? Write that shit down. There will be a day that doesn’t go according to plan, another family get together to tackle, a holiday to plan, or a life changing event that will get in the way of your rules, if you write your guidelines down you can always go back to them…use them to troubleshoot life.
Do you need help breaking the rules? I can help!
Latest posts by Jamie Crowe (see all)
- Oops I peed my pants! - January 26, 2018
- Resolutions aren’t my thing, and they probably aren’t yours either. - January 12, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Do Push-ups - November 15, 2017
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa INGREDIENTS: 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil) 1 tsp salt 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp paprika powder 1 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp black pepper Avocado salsa:…Read More
We don’t just help people lose weight, we also help them feel better and get them out of pain. Sometimes that involves hearing second hand what their doctors have said to them using x-ray or medical imaging results to base their opinions off of. Often times we ask ourselves –…Read More
Do you have a lack of results? It’s us, not you! Except when you lack/violate one of the five aspects of our non-sexual relationship. I’ll explain. The good trainers and gyms genuinely believe that the clients results are almost entirely up to them. KDR certainly believes it, as do I.…Read More