How you start your day, arguably the first hour will determine how the rest of your day will go. Does this sound like you? You wake up at 7 to get your kids ready for school, while you need to be to work at 8:30. Do you go to your Upper Valley Gym first?
- First cup of coffee is at 7:05
- Get the kids up.
- Get yourself ready.
- Check social media while you’re waiting for them.
- Leave the house at 7:45 to get them to school by 8.
- Stop to get a coffee and maybe something to eat.
STOP! You just set the tone for the entire day, and that tone is – I put myself second.
What did you do for yourself during that time to make yourself feel GOOD or improve yourself in some way?
- What did you do to help you be successful for the rest of the day?
- Did you prep your food?
- Did you spend some time (5-10 minutes) stretching?
- Do you head to your Upper Valley Gym first (KDR Fitness)?
- Did you spend some time reflecting on what you have to do today?
Most people are reactive, we see that all the time in their food choices. When we dig deeper, we find that they start their day flying around the house as if their bed is on fire and the house is quick to follow. It tends to go – caffeine first, followed by either getting the kids ready or themselves ready before they rush out the door. Unfortunately, that’s how a lot of people spend their mornings and it all starts with the second you wake up. So, here’s what we want you to work on for this week – get up 15 minutes earlier.
By waking up 15 minutes earlier you will give yourself a little bit more time to get ready. What should you do with those extra 15 minutes?
First – drink some water.
Second – do something for yourself. I like to sit cross-legged for 5 minutes or stretch my chest out. If that’s not your cup of tea, then prep one meal for the day.
More Articles To Read...
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tomatillo Salad: Ingredients:3 cups watermelon (about 1 pound), rind and seeds removed, chopped bite 8 strawberries, hulled and chopped bite size…Read More