Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients:
- large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out)
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Brush the caps and rims with olive oil on each mushroom.
- Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half, place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add chopped basil, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Place your cheese on the bottom of the mushroom cap, spoon on the tomato basil mixture and bake until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked but not overcooked.
More Articles To Read...
Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado Ingredients: 4 cups leafy greens (I used a chard/kale/arugula/spinach mix) 3 small oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds 1…Read More
Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls Ingredients: Spring Rolls 8-10 spring roll wrappers 1 large grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced 1/2 of an English cucumber,…Read More