Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients:
- large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out)
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Brush the caps and rims with olive oil on each mushroom.
- Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half, place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add chopped basil, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Place your cheese on the bottom of the mushroom cap, spoon on the tomato basil mixture and bake until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked but not overcooked.
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini Spaghetti INGREDIENTS: 1/3 cup onion, diced 10 cloves garlic, minced divided 1/3 cup olive oil plus 2 Tablespoons, Divided 1 1/4 lb ground turkey 1 egg 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs I used parsley, oregano and chives 4 whole zucchini, spiraled…Read More
Grip Strength correlates to EARLY DEATH?! Ben Dearman Here’s an eye opener – your grip strength can predict early death and overall functional capacity! Click here to read the meta-analysis or just keep reading and I will sum it up for you. This study looked at 45 different studies and…Read More