Taco Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (or one packet of your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- one lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini release water and are just cooked. Drain water and remove noodles from pan, setting them aside for later.
- Add garlic, onions and ground turkey to your skillet. Cook until ground turkey has browned, crumbling the ground turkey as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning across turkey. Add entire contents of the diced tomatoes (including the liquid), 1/4 cup water and stir into the turkey mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed, turkey is cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low and add in zucchini noodles. Gently toss zucchini into the sauce, but be careful not to cook the zucchini further or else the noodles will release more water and make the sauce watery. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Turn off heat and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice if desired before serving.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Let’s get it done! Remember to use the hash tags #kdrwkndwrkt Hey KDR Fit Fam! Here’s your #kdrwkndwrkt as in KDR WeeKeND WoRKouT for the weekend of October 14th. This work out is called “Spring Loaded”. Before you work out – make sure you RAMP! Complete the Ramp. http://kdrfitness.com/what-is-a-ramp-and-why-do-we-do-it/ Perform 2…Read More
Baked Lime Chicken Bowls INGREDIENTS: 2-3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes 6 Tbsp. olive oil 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar Juice from 2 limes 2 tsp. chili powder 1 tsp. paprika 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. kosher salt fresh cracked pepper, to taste INSTRUCTIONS: In…Read More
My buttfession this week is a little bit different than the last 2, I want to talk about the safety of having a strong butt. Yes! If your ass is weak you are in some real danger. Danger?! That may be a little dramatic but we take glute strength pretty serious…Read More