Taco Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (or one packet of your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- one lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini release water and are just cooked. Drain water and remove noodles from pan, setting them aside for later.
- Add garlic, onions and ground turkey to your skillet. Cook until ground turkey has browned, crumbling the ground turkey as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning across turkey. Add entire contents of the diced tomatoes (including the liquid), 1/4 cup water and stir into the turkey mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed, turkey is cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low and add in zucchini noodles. Gently toss zucchini into the sauce, but be careful not to cook the zucchini further or else the noodles will release more water and make the sauce watery. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Turn off heat and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice if desired before serving.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Ingredients: 1 Spaghetti squash 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce, use a gluten-free version to make this recipe gluten-free, I use this 1 green onion, thinly sliced 4 ounce can diced green chiles 1/2…Read More
Check out these three flows for flexibility in Kettlebell Fitness Training you can string together into a nine exercise combo to help improve flexibility across your whole body! What’s your set and rep scheme like? Well it could be any of the below: – By the duration – repeat each…Read More