Taco Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (or one packet of your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- one lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini release water and are just cooked. Drain water and remove noodles from pan, setting them aside for later.
- Add garlic, onions and ground turkey to your skillet. Cook until ground turkey has browned, crumbling the ground turkey as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning across turkey. Add entire contents of the diced tomatoes (including the liquid), 1/4 cup water and stir into the turkey mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed, turkey is cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low and add in zucchini noodles. Gently toss zucchini into the sauce, but be careful not to cook the zucchini further or else the noodles will release more water and make the sauce watery. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Turn off heat and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice if desired before serving.
Please like & share:
The following two tabs change content below.
Jamie has literally worked every job in a gym over the past 10 years and has a better understanding then most gym owners as to what makes a successful fitness facility. Jamie has been with KDR Fitness from the beginning and has been integral in bringing the business to where it is now. As a mom she brings the perspective of our target audience, i.e. women/moms looking to lose weight, get stronger and feel empowered to the heart of the business. She makes sure that KDR Fitness stays true to its core values and that customer service is our number one priority.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
More Articles To Read...
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tomatillo Salad: Ingredients:3 cups watermelon (about 1 pound), rind and seeds removed, chopped bite 8 strawberries, hulled and chopped bite size…Read More