Taco Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (or one packet of your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- one lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini release water and are just cooked. Drain water and remove noodles from pan, setting them aside for later.
- Add garlic, onions and ground turkey to your skillet. Cook until ground turkey has browned, crumbling the ground turkey as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning across turkey. Add entire contents of the diced tomatoes (including the liquid), 1/4 cup water and stir into the turkey mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed, turkey is cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low and add in zucchini noodles. Gently toss zucchini into the sauce, but be careful not to cook the zucchini further or else the noodles will release more water and make the sauce watery. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Turn off heat and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice if desired before serving.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Exercise Technique Tip – KB Deadlift The KB Deadlift is one of our favorite movements. Why? The deadlift is the most important exercises you can do for a total workout. Utilizing every muscle in your body you’ll build muscle, burn more calories, increase flexibility and turn on your nervous system…Read More
Resolutions are not my thing. Resolutions are acts for solving problems. I am not a problem and neither are you! I am more into honing in on a habit that’s not healthy (and fixing it), relationships that I want to improve or let go of (because they are unhealthy) and…Read More
Let’s Get Moving! Guest post from Lara our kick ass office manager and fitness coach on 1% Fitness by Mike Sheridan. In keeping with great KDR tradition, we are constantly educating ourselves so we can offer our members Knowledge Driven Results. In October, I read 1% Fitness by Mike Sheridan and…Read More