Smoked Bacon Veggie Soup:
- 6 cups broth
- 3 cups chopped potato (russet or sweet potato)
- 2 cups brussel sprout shavings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 pieces of smoked bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika (smoked is best)
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (chives, onion, etc) OR 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs such as chive/onion.
- First make sure all your ingredients are chopped. 3 cups chopped potato was equivalent to about 2 potatoes.
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds. Then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- mix in your seasonings and the oil/mustard.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Add herbs half way through cooking or at the end to garnish.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired.
- See notes for non crock pot times.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
When people first come to KDR they are usually (this is based off on our experience and the clientele that comes in) de-conditioned and not as strong as they could be. Plus, they are generally intimidated! Coming into a weight room full of equipment you don’t know how to use…Read More
Ok, let’s talk eating while traveling, I am going to keep this easy and quick because I could write about this subject EXTENSIVELY. Jamie and I used to travel a few times per year until last year (stupid cancer) to business events and we would routinely take weekend trips once…Read More
Measuring? Math? To plan lunch or dinner? Does it have to be that complicated to lose weight? No. It doesn’t! I don’t count calories anymore, I tell you why in my last blog, http://kdrfitness.com/cellulite-wrinkles-and-scars/, I don’t measure my food all the time, and I sure as hell don’t deprive myself of things…Read More