Smoked Bacon Veggie Soup:
- 6 cups broth
- 3 cups chopped potato (russet or sweet potato)
- 2 cups brussel sprout shavings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 pieces of smoked bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika (smoked is best)
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (chives, onion, etc) OR 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs such as chive/onion.
- First make sure all your ingredients are chopped. 3 cups chopped potato was equivalent to about 2 potatoes.
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds. Then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- mix in your seasonings and the oil/mustard.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Add herbs half way through cooking or at the end to garnish.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired.
- See notes for non crock pot times.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
More Articles To Read...
Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado Ingredients: 4 cups leafy greens (I used a chard/kale/arugula/spinach mix) 3 small oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds 1…Read More
Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls Ingredients: Spring Rolls 8-10 spring roll wrappers 1 large grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced 1/2 of an English cucumber,…Read More