Quinoa, Lentil, Kale, and Feta Salad w/ Salmon
- 110 g (4oz) dried green lentils
- 145 g (3/4 cup) quinoa
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) vegetable stock
- 150 g (5oz) broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 150 g (5oz) chopped curly kale
- 120 g (4.5oz) green beans, chopped
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful finely chopped fresh parsley
- 200 g (7oz) feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- Rinse the lentils then place them in a saucepan, cover with plenty of cold water then bring up to the boil; boil rapidly for 10 minutes then turn down to a simmer and cook for a further 30 minutes or so, until tender but not mushy. Drain well then tip into a large bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a pan with the vegetable stock, bring up to the boil then turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until all the water has evaporated. Remove from the heat and leave to stand (covered) for a further 10 minutes, until tender. Tip into the bowl with the lentils.
- Place the broccoli, kale and green beans in a pan with a splash of water, bring up to the boil, cover and steam for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Drain well and add to the bowl along with the spring onions.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and seasoning to the bowl, toss everything together well then crumble in the feta and mix again.
- Fry the salmon fillets for a couple of minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with the warm salad.
Please like & share:
The following two tabs change content below.
Jamie has literally worked every job in a gym over the past 10 years and has a better understanding then most gym owners as to what makes a successful fitness facility. Jamie has been with KDR Fitness from the beginning and has been integral in bringing the business to where it is now. As a mom she brings the perspective of our target audience, i.e. women/moms looking to lose weight, get stronger and feel empowered to the heart of the business. She makes sure that KDR Fitness stays true to its core values and that customer service is our number one priority.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018