Quinoa, Lentil, Kale, and Feta Salad w/ Salmon
- 110 g (4oz) dried green lentils
- 145 g (3/4 cup) quinoa
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) vegetable stock
- 150 g (5oz) broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 150 g (5oz) chopped curly kale
- 120 g (4.5oz) green beans, chopped
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful finely chopped fresh parsley
- 200 g (7oz) feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
Rinse the lentils then place them in a saucepan, cover with plenty of cold water then bring up to the boil; boil rapidly for 10 minutes then turn down to a simmer and cook for a further 30 minutes or so, until tender but not mushy. Drain well then tip into a large bowl and set aside.
Rinse the quinoa and place it in a pan with the vegetable stock, bring up to the boil then turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until all the water has evaporated. Remove from the heat and leave to stand (covered) for a further 10 minutes, until tender. Tip into the bowl with the lentils.
Place the broccoli, kale and green beans in a pan with a splash of water, bring up to the boil, cover and steam for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Drain well and add to the bowl along with the spring onions.
Add the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and seasoning to the bowl, toss everything together well then crumble in the feta and mix again.
Fry the salmon fillets for a couple of minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with the warm salad.
Please like & share:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Logan Crowe-Ryba (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Zucchini Shrimp Scampi - March 23, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia - March 23, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Quinoa, Lentil, Kale, and Feta Salad w/ Salmon - March 23, 2018