Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
- 8 oz. Mushrooms of choice – Sliced
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the tops off the peppers and clean out the insides.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish.
- Remove the stem from the tops and chop up the remaining pepper top.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Once oil is heated, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté until onions and mushroom are soft and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Divide the cheese in half. Sprinkle half the cheese among the 4 peppers. Top each pepper with the meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Then, top each pepper with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown and peppers are soft.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Ok….so I started to write this article and then I remember that our friends at Seacoast Kettlebell made a great post on this! So I am just going to link you to it! Enjoy – Ben Click here to learn the four biggest mistakes people make with the swing.…Read More
“Your Fitness Health Coach says: Sitting is the new smoking” according to the Centers for Disease Control. According to Dr. James Levine of the Mayo Clinic (the person who coined that term) – “Sitting is more dangerous than smoking, kills more people than HIV and is more treacherous than parachuting.…Read More
Rosemary Chicken and Potato: INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb) 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 lb) INSTRUCTIONS: Heat oven…Read More