Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Taco Zucchini Boats: INGREDIENTS: 4 medium zucchini 1 lb lean ground beef 1/4 cup minced onion 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp smoked paprika 1 tsp chili powder 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste) 1/2 tsp oregano 1/2 cup salsa 3/4…Read More
Exercise Technique – SA Bent Over Row The SA Bent Over Row is a great exercise for building an amazing back! Your biceps and grip are also involved as you pull the dumbell to your belly button. Dumbbells offer you the unique advantage of performing the bent-over row unilaterally. We recommend…Read More
Are we allowed to change our opinion? Ben Dearman – KDR Fitness Ahh…Facebook. Where would we be without you? I can’t barely imagine it. Actually we would be a lot healthier and with probably less incidence of neck issues, but I digress. FB has this wonky little thing where it…Read More