Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
by Ben Dearman, KDR Fitness I am on a very restrictive diet right now called The Ketogenic Diet. It requires me to eat at least 70% of my overall calories from fat. It’s really boring, as my food choices basically come down to: Butter EVOO Coconut oil Avocados Nuts Meat in…Read More
Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients: large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed cherry tomatoes, halved shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out) fresh basil olive oil Cooking Instructions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line…Read More
From Facebook on my professional page: https://www.facebook.com/Ben-Dearman-292911537535405/ We have a personal TOP SECRET FB page we use for just our team. Recently I wrote a blog about fructose and specifically High Fructose Corn Syrup and it’s effects on insulin, leptin (satiety hormone) and to a degree gherlin (hunger hormone).…Read More