Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients: large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed cherry tomatoes, halved shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out) fresh basil olive oil Cooking Instructions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line…Read More
Oven Roasted Tomatoes: Ingredients: 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced 8 sprigs of fresh thyme 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste 4 lbs plum tomatoes* Cooking instructions: Preheat the oven to 450º F. Divide…Read More