Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado
- 4 cups leafy greens (I used a chard/kale/arugula/spinach mix)
- 3 small oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 small beet, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinaigrette (or any vinaigrette)
- Add greens, oranges, avocado, carrot, beets, pepitas, and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss until the salad is combined and evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, topped with some freshly-cracked black pepper if desired.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients: large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed cherry tomatoes, halved shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out) fresh basil olive oil Cooking Instructions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line…Read More
Grip Strength correlates to EARLY DEATH?! Ben Dearman Here’s an eye opener – your grip strength can predict early death and overall functional capacity! Click here to read the meta-analysis or just keep reading and I will sum it up for you. This study looked at 45 different studies and…Read More
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili: INGREDIENTS: 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breasts) 1 large sweet onion, chopped 2 celery stalks, chopped 4 garlic cloves, minced 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 3 – 4 tablespoons diced jalapeno (fresh or canned) 1 tablespoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander…Read More