CAULIFLOWER HASHBROWN EGG CUPS:
- 2 heads of cauliflower, steamed
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen + 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Drop the steamed cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they start to resemble a fine grain.
- Pour the ground cauliflower onto paper towels and twist to wring out excess liquid. Do this up to three times until the cauliflower comes out completely dry.
- Transfer dry cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Add cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and two eggs and stir to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly throughout the muffin tins and use your fingers to press the mixture into the sides and bottom of each cup to form the nests.
- Bake the nests for 15-17 minutes until brown.
- Add a couple bits of bacon to the bottom of each cup and crack an egg on top, without breaking the yolk.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives and pepper to taste.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Beats ‘n’ Greens INGREDIENTS: 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed 1 pound fresh beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges 1/2 cup sliced shallots (4 medium) 1/4 cup olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup broken walnuts 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2…Read More
Are you beach body ready? I’m not and I don’t care. It’s warmer and that means – beaches, BBQ’s, parties…in short, less clothing to hide under! Years ago my first thought would have been “Shit. I have to put on a bathing suit!” Leading up to – working out more,…Read More
Moroccan Beet Salad Ingredients: 5 medium beets, washed/scrubbed 1/2 cup minced red onion 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (coriander) 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds* 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt* 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 Tablespoon olive oil 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon…Read More