Beats ‘n’ Greens
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Are you a runner? Do these three exercises before and after your next run for pain free hamstrings and faster foot turn over. Ben Dearman, owner KDR Fitness It’s 70 out and that means people are itching to start running. And that means the typical running injuries of – tight/pulled…Read More
Bacon Avocado Egg White Breakfast Sandwich INGREDIENTS: cooking spray 1 1/3 cup AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites salt & pepper to taste 4 strip of bacon 2 avocados, mashed 2 whole wheat english muffins, halved and toasted 1 tablespoon diced green onions optional: sriracha INSTRUCTIONS: Line a large plate with…Read More
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tomatillo Salad: Ingredients:3 cups watermelon (about 1 pound), rind and seeds removed, chopped bite 8 strawberries, hulled and chopped bite size 1 heaping cup tomatillos (about 4-5 small tomatillos), chopped bite size 1 large shallot, finely chopped 12 mint leaves, shredded 2 tbsp extra virgin olive…Read More