Beats ‘n’ Greens
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Caprese Style Portobellos Ingredients: large portobello mushroom caps, grills removed cherry tomatoes, halved shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I’ve tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out) fresh basil olive oil Cooking Instructions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line…Read More
Is your cookware killing you? Ben Dearman, KDR Fitness Those of you who know my current story know that I am going through chemotherapy right now for Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have roughly 4 weeks left in my treatments. So excited. People that have dealt with Cancer say that someone going…Read More
by Ben Dearman Is your lifestyle in alignment with your goals of being healthy and losing weight? Here are the absolutely 5 most important aspects of lifestyle that have to be in order. 1. Sleep – you need to make sure that you get as close to 8 hours of…Read More