Beats ‘n’ Greens
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Welcome to the New Year! PARENTS! Your New Year starts now! It’s back to REAL LIFE. The next 9 months will be the sanest months for a majority of you. This is the absolute best time of the year for you to start a new fitness plan, especially if your…Read More
Grip Strength correlates to EARLY DEATH?! Ben Dearman Here’s an eye opener – your grip strength can predict early death and overall functional capacity! Click here to read the meta-analysis or just keep reading and I will sum it up for you. This study looked at 45 different studies and…Read More
Do your knees hurt when you squat? This is a follow up article to the last one I did called “Squats are bad for your knees – FALSE!” In this article I am going to give you the answers to the following questions: When should you go see your Doctor…Read More