Beats ‘n’ Greens
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
OTHER ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites: INGREDIENTS: 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets Olive oil to drizzle 2 teaspoons garlic powder ¼ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon pepper 1 tablespoon melted butter (Use coconut oil for vegan option) ½ to *3/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce or other hot wing…Read More
From Facebook on my professional page: https://www.facebook.com/Ben-Dearman-292911537535405/ We have a personal TOP SECRET FB page we use for just our team. Recently I wrote a blog about fructose and specifically High Fructose Corn Syrup and it’s effects on insulin, leptin (satiety hormone) and to a degree gherlin (hunger hormone).…Read More