Baked Chicken Fajita:
For the Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets ¼-inch thick
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
More Articles To Read...
Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado Ingredients: 4 cups leafy greens (I used a chard/kale/arugula/spinach mix) 3 small oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds 1…Read More
Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls Ingredients: Spring Rolls 8-10 spring roll wrappers 1 large grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced 1/2 of an English cucumber,…Read More