Baked Chicken Fajita:
For the Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets ¼-inch thick
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Please like & share:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Logan Crowe-Ryba (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Zucchini Shrimp Scampi - March 23, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia - March 23, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Quinoa, Lentil, Kale, and Feta Salad w/ Salmon - March 23, 2018