Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dries herbs (Italian seasoning, basil, rosemary, parsley)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 whole eggs beaten or ¼ egg whites
You will need a food grater or food processor or blender/vitamix. Cut the core out of the cauliflower. Break the cauliflower into florets and rinse.
Put the florets in your food processor and pulse until fine and looks like rice. If using a grater, grate the cauliflower. Processing the florets is much easier and cleaner!
Cook your cauliflower ‘rice’ a bit to soften it up…
- steam it for about 5 minutes,
- microwave it for about 3 minutes or
- bake it for 15-20 minutes
You don’t want it to be mushy, just cooked a bit so it’s not hard and it releases the moisture in it. Then let it cool a bit until you can handle it.
The secret is taking the moisture out of the ‘rice’. The easiest way to do this to get the most water out of it is to use a thin dishtowel. Put the ‘rice’ in middle of your dishtowel, grab the corners up and begin to squeeze your ball of ‘rice’. You can twist it as well to ring as much water out of it as possible. You’ll be surprised at how much water is in your cauliflower!
Making the “DOUGH”
After you can’t get any more water out, put your ‘rice’ in a bowl to make the ‘dough’ and separate it a bit so it’s not in a ball. Add the cheese, herbs, salt, pepper, garlic and eggs…mix well. It may seem ‘wet’, but the eggs and cheese will work to keep it all together.
Lightly spray a pan or glass dish. (Some people use parchment paper). With your hands, form a rectangle or circle with your ‘dough’ that is about ¼ inches thick. Pressing lightly to make your ‘dough’ stick together. You can use the edge of a spatula or knife to make the sides straight.
Bake your crust or sticks in the oven on 375-400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Ovens vary so the cooking time/temp may vary for you. After about 15 minutes, keep an eye on your crust. You want the edges to be golden brown.
For Pizza Crust:
For pizza crust, bake until the top and sides are a light brown. Then take it out of the oven and put your toppings on. Keep in mind that too much sauce can make the crust less firm. And, canned veggies contain liquid as well.
After adding toppings bakes again for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
For Bread Sticks:
If you want cheese ‘bread sticks’, add more cheese and bake for a few more minutes until the cheese melts and sides are brown and crispy. I made those pictured myself.
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites:
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (Use coconut oil for vegan option)
- ½ to *3/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce or other hot wing sauce of choice
- Other: 1 gallon or larger size plastic bag
- *I probably use about ⅔ cup of hot sauce and they have just enough heat.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets into plastic bag. Drizzle olive oil over florets to barely coat.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Close bag and toss ingredients around so all florets are coated.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan and bake on middle rack for 15 minutes, turning florets once during baking. Check them at the 10 minute mark for desired tenderness. You don’t want them to be soggy!
- Remove florets from oven. Melt butter in medium glass bowl. Add hot sauce to butter. Toss cauliflower and stir to cover all florets with hot sauce. Start with about half the sauce and add more to your taste.
- Return to oven and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with any dip you like, ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dip.
Apples & Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup freeze dried apples, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice
Raspberries & Dark Chocolate or Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries & 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips or nibs
- 1/4 cup freeze dried banana chips, 1 Tbsp coconut flakes, 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips or nibs
- 1/4 cup freeze dried triple berry mix & a pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice
Blueberries & Cream
- 1/4 cup freeze dried blueberries, a pinch of powdered vanilla & a pinch of granulated stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
Peaches & Cream
- 1/4 cup freeze dried peaches, pinch of powdered vanilla & a pinch of granulated stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
Strawberry & Banana
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried strawberries, 2 Tbsp freeze dried banana & a pinch of granulated stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
Try adding your favorite chopped nuts, or a 1/2 scoop of protein powder to any of these varieties.
- Use pint glass canning jars to ensure that you will have room for your liquid & stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup dry rolled/old fashioned oats to the bottom of the glass jar.
- Add your favorite flavor combos.
- Seal tightly, and store in the pantry until ready to use.
When ready to SERVE:
- Pour 1 cup BOILING HOT water, or milk into each jar.
- Let sit for 10-20 minutes(depending on the consistency you like), while you finish your morning routine.
- Grab a spoon, and enjoy on-the-GO!
GRAB & GO EGG WHITE BITES:
- ¼ onion, diced
- ½ pepper, diced
- Handful of spinach
- egg white carton (24 T. total is used)
- olive oil cooking spray
- black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray each muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray so it lightly coats the bottom
- Add your favorite diced vegetables!Fill each muffin tin with egg whites. When using the mini muffin tins, it only took about 1 T. of egg whites to fill it. Lastly, sprinkle the tops with some ground black pepper for a little flavor.
- Toss them in the oven!
- The mini muffin tins took about 10 minutes. If you are using regular sized muffin tins, let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once they are cooled, enjoy! You can also add your favorite toppings- my favorite are avocado and salsa!
GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS:
- 6 large bell peppers, any color
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 lb. 93% Lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 16 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut off the tops of the peppers remove the seeds, trim the bottoms to help them sit flat in the skillet and rinse thoroughly. In a large pan boil the peppers for 5 minutes, remove from water and turn upside down onto a paper towel to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic and onion, saute until tender. Add the turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, rice, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until blended.
- Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10 inch cast iron skillet, or baking dish of your choice. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and add the remaining cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.