Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breasts)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 – 4 tablespoons diced jalapeno (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- Crushed tortilla chips, for topping
- Place chicken, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, spices and chicken broth into the slow cooker. Stir the ingredients to combine and cook on high for 5 hours.
- With 1 hour left in cooking time, remove the chicken tenders and shred or chop the meat. Return it to the slow cooker, along with the beans and frozen corn.
- Allow the chili to cook for the remaining time.
- Top with chopped cilantro and crushed tortilla chips before serving.
Smoked Bacon Veggie Soup:
- 6 cups broth
- 3 cups chopped potato (russet or sweet potato)
- 2 cups brussel sprout shavings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 pieces of smoked bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika (smoked is best)
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (chives, onion, etc) OR 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs such as chive/onion.
- First make sure all your ingredients are chopped. 3 cups chopped potato was equivalent to about 2 potatoes.
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds. Then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- mix in your seasonings and the oil/mustard.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Add herbs half way through cooking or at the end to garnish.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired.
- See notes for non crock pot times.
Rosemary Chicken and Potato:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 lb)
Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 18×13-inch rimmed pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and 1 tablespoon of the rosemary. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Place potatoes skin side down in single layer on pan. Roast 23 to 25 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven; stir.
In same large bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves. Add chicken and asparagus; toss to coat. Arrange in single layer on pan along with potatoes.
Roast 16 to 20 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and potatoes are browned.