Bacon Avocado Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cup AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 strip of bacon
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 2 whole wheat english muffins, halved and toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced green onions
- optional: sriracha
- Line a large plate with paper towels. Line up the strips of bacon 1″ apart on prepared plate. Cover with paper towel.
- Place bacon in microwave. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Remove and flip the bacon. Cook another 2 minutes. Flip again. Cook another 2 minutes. Remove and let sit.
- Spray a small ramekin (2.5″) with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup of the AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites into the ramekin. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place ramekin in microwave and cook on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove.
- Assemble the Breakfast Sandwich: toasted english muffin half, 2-3 tablespoons of avocado mash, 1 strip of bacon (halved), cooked egg whites, garnish with green onions and sriracha. Serve!
Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini Spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine onion mixture, ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, and herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix with hands until fully combined. If the mixture is too wet, add additional breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into 12 meatballs. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-18 minutes until just cooked through. Turn oven to broil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Trim the ends from the asparagus and chop into 1-inch pieces. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pieces from boiling water (reserve water), and immediately submerge in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Place spiraled zucchini spaghetti in a large bowl. Pour remaining boiling water over the noodles to lightly cook.
- Heat remaining olive oil and garlic in large skillet until garlic is fragrant. Add red pepper flakes.
- Drain zucchini spaghetti and add to skillet with garlic and olive oil. Add asparagus and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Serve with meatballs and garnish with fresh herbs.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are soft.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato faster.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese* (see note below).
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.
* You can just put the lid on the skillet for 5 minutes. The cheese will melt.
**You can keep this recipe in the fridge for up 6 days.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breasts)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 – 4 tablespoons diced jalapeno (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- Crushed tortilla chips, for topping
- Place chicken, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, spices and chicken broth into the slow cooker. Stir the ingredients to combine and cook on high for 5 hours.
- With 1 hour left in cooking time, remove the chicken tenders and shred or chop the meat. Return it to the slow cooker, along with the beans and frozen corn.
- Allow the chili to cook for the remaining time.
- Top with chopped cilantro and crushed tortilla chips before serving.