Here’s my buttfession as a Kettlebell Fitness Coach. I have a bubble butt; most girls dream off. I don’t have a genetically gifted booty (maybe I can convince my sister and mom for a butt shot so you can see the difference), I wasn’t born with this butt. I worked hard for my butt. Luckily my fiancé is a butt man, he helped me sculpt my glutes into what they are today, it took time, but I think he’s happy with how they turned out.
Don’t get me wrong I love my butt, because it’s mine but finding pants is challenging. You know when you find that pair that fits your butt and quads BUT it loose around the waist and flares out…annoying. As annoying as it is, I wouldn’t change it. After having gained 80lbs and losing 60lbs…things just don’t fall into place, unfortunately.
Here are my top 5 butt exercises as a Kettlebell Fitness Coach that will not only strengthen your glutes (there are so many benefits to having a strong butt) but will change the shape of your glutes as well, these are our “butt builders.” We classify glute exercises into builders and sculptures. Builders help add muscle size; sculptures help sculpt the muscle you already have. In a future article, I’ll write about my favorite booty sculptures.
1. Hip Ups – there are tons of variations such as Single Leg, Shoulder Elevated, Feet Elevated(also known as Hip Bridges) For more advanced lifters I would have you do Barbell Hip Ups.
2. KB Swings
3. Squats – YES you need to squat!
4. Rear foot elevated Split Squat(also know as Bulgarian Split Squat) – I love it and hate it!
Oh and make sure you squeeze your butt! “If you don’t squeeze it no one else will,” (Ben’s signature butt joke…I have been listening to for ten years). By squeezing your butt, you’re making sure that you engage all of your glute muscles (there are three of them) in addition to increasing the “tone” of the butt. You know what I mean…it’s great to have a bubble butt, but it’s better to have a TIGHT bubble butt. That’s tone! Tight = tone.
I taught a class once and cued the class to squeeze their butts and this guy would squeeze his butt with his hands on every rep…that was awkward, to say the least.
Squeeze your butt ALL the time, walking, sitting, stretching…just fucking squeeze it.
On the next buttfessions, let’s talk about how to find pants and my favorite butt sculpting movements.
Latest posts by Jamie Crowe (see all)
- You don’t need to count calories to lose weight. - August 23, 2017
- How I eat, work out and thrive as a busy professional - August 8, 2017
- Cellulite, weight loss and wrinkles don’t define you. - August 1, 2017