On this weeks buttfessions lets talk about jeans for the petite athletic female. What do I mean by petite and athletic? Well, if your butt is bigger then your waist, you know what I am talking about.
It’s a bitch finding jeans that “fit”. Most clothing companies don’t make jeans to fit women with glutes or quad…or muscles for that matter. It’s a good problem to have BUT it’s still a problem. I don’t want to wear workout/yoga pants every day! Plus I really hate trying clothes on (Ben loves to shop…true story…you should see his shoe collection) so when I find a pair of jeans I stick with them.
Common issues I have are:
–The waist gap – when they fit my quads and butt just right…but I have a big waist gap in the back.
– The loose knees – when they fit perfect on the waist, butt and quads but my knees are baggy. What?!
– The skinny jean – I find a size that fits perfectly on butt, waist, and quads…TOO long. I have to roll them up like 3 times!
– The Saggy crotch – I barely squeeze them over my quads, get them buttoned…ok…suddenly they went from a high waist to a low waist because I can’t get them all the way up over my butt. The result is a saggy crotch that may split if I do the squat test. ALWAYS DO THE SQUAT TEST!
So what do I wear?
Last week I gave you my favorite (builder) glute exercises. Link from 1st post. Check them out here.
Here are my top 5 sculptures:
SL Hip Ups
Side Lying ABD’s
These are movements you can do every day and add to your current workout program. I prefer a high rep range, 15-30 on each to maximize the burn AND pump. Love thy pump! I hope my buttfessions helps you embrace what you have and work with it rather than working against it.
Latest posts by Jamie Crowe (see all)
- Resolutions aren’t my thing, and they probably aren’t yours either. - January 12, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Do Push-ups - November 15, 2017
- My nutrition and fitness guidelines – rules suck! - October 3, 2017