Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are soft.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato faster.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese* (see note below).
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.
* You can just put the lid on the skillet for 5 minutes. The cheese will melt.
**You can keep this recipe in the fridge for up 6 days.
Please like & share:
The following two tabs change content below.
Jamie has literally worked every job in a gym over the past 10 years and has a better understanding then most gym owners as to what makes a successful fitness facility. Jamie has been with KDR Fitness from the beginning and has been integral in bringing the business to where it is now. As a mom she brings the perspective of our target audience, i.e. women/moms looking to lose weight, get stronger and feel empowered to the heart of the business. She makes sure that KDR Fitness stays true to its core values and that customer service is our number one priority.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018