Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are soft.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato faster.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese* (see note below).
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.
* You can just put the lid on the skillet for 5 minutes. The cheese will melt.
**You can keep this recipe in the fridge for up 6 days.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- KDR Healthy Eats: Green Salad with Beets, Oranges & Avocado - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Spring Rolls - April 24, 2018
- KDR Healthy Eats: Crispy Zucchini Tacos - April 24, 2018
More Articles To Read...
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tomatillo Salad: Ingredients:3 cups watermelon (about 1 pound), rind and seeds removed, chopped bite 8 strawberries, hulled and chopped bite size…Read More